Ultimate Subaru Message Board

89 gl wagon hump on roof?

i just picked up another subie, my first e82 dr trans totally free any ways this wagon has a hump on the back half of the roof i have never seen befor on another wagon plus its got a oe skid plate. like i said the only e82 ive ever owned so not sure if those options are common or not any input?

ok cool i guess to bad its got more rot than steal but it was free it will make a good winter rig hopefully i can find some bigger 13 in tires, ive done a 6 lug swap on a friends loyale a while ago but this thing isnt realy worth the trouble

does anyone know if theres a purpose the the hump other than having 6 ft tall children in the back , i would much rather have a roof rack to put the spare up top but beggers cant be choosers thinking of fabbing up a rear tire carrier like on s10 blazers and what not

does anyone know if theres a purpose the the hump other than having 6 ft tall children in the back ,

That extra height at the opening of the hatch makes getting things like bikes and furniture in and out ALOT easier.

I'd be jealous if not for the rust.

I want an 89 Touring SOOOOOO bad, but it would have to be a solid "western" one.

I just like the one year only models like that as a novelty. cool factor +1

Seems like most of them were red.

I've got the rear hatch to one if anyone needs it. I saved it after I tore apart my rustbucket touring wagon. Free to a good home.

I need the plastic that runs up by the window................

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

i had a grey one.. didnt know they were that rare, but oh well its long gone now.. hopefully the guy that bought it and the matching parts car got it and kept it running.... i think it had a bad valve or something when i sold it, but parts car had a good running motor in it.. i do kinda miss it 5spd, d/r 4wd.. but my 82 hatch with 27k original miles that i just picked up makes up for it :grin:post-21624-136027642109_thumb.jpg