Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I actually have 3 subaru's that I about to replace plugs on.

1) 99 Legacy GT 160K miles

2) 01 Legacy L 155K miles

3) 05 Saabaru 9-2x Linear (Impreza 2.5) 103K miles

What plugs do you guys recommend using? Also, how often should I do plug wires and what should I get for wires?

For plugs, most here will recommend the OEM NGK plugs, you don't have to get them at the dealer, but don't fall for the gimmicks of super fancy Bosch plugs.

For the wires, many will say that OEM are the only way to go, but if you get a good quality aftermarket set you should be OK.

non-turbo. I got NGK from the dealer for the saabaru. I want to do the 2 legacy's this afternoon and the dealer is closed. Will Advance or Autozone carry the right NGK plugs for a legacy? Platinum?

• 3 months later...
So I changed the plugs. 1 of them had a bunch of oil on the plug connector. Is that bad? What can cause this?

I had the same issue with my outback. i then changed the spk plug grommets, and valve cover gaskets and that solved the oil on the plug wires. I was told that is a fairly common thing to have to change after time.