Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Washed motor and......Fixed!!! WOO HOO!!

Ok, so here it is in a nutshell. Decided to wash the Legacys motor yesterday. Soaked it for about 5-10 mins with the engine degreaser. Went back out and rinsed it off for about 2-3 mins. Went out today to take it for a drive and now its idling rough and wont go like its supposed to when I give it gas. It goes, but definately not like it should when its floored. Feels like its being held back. Check engine light is on but that was on when I bought it a few days ago and it was running great. Guy said it was possible the O2 censor and thats why the light was on. Like I said though, it was running great until I washed it. Any ideas????? Happened to anyone before??

Edited by SubieDaddy80

I have had this happen before, prolly moisture on wires and connectors. Suggest you let the motor idle to get hot, or at the least open the hood and let the sun beat down on the motor for several hours. Once dried out, car should run normally.

LMAO!! Guess what?! The plugs were swimming!!!!!! Woo Hoo!! Back in business!! Thanks again USMB!!! You guys kick a$$! I know its something simple but I instantly thought that since I had just bought the car, that the little punk didnt tell me about something. But nope, just ALOT of water in the plug wells!! Thanks fellas!!!!