Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Now I'm part of the "New Gen" Club!! (Thanks GD)

After suffering through an EA82T, I'm relieved to announce I'm now the proud owner of a 97' Legacy!! A Legacy reconditioned by none other than USMB's General Disorder, delivered to me yesterday. I'll be heading out on a 300 mile road trip with her tomorrow, and I think she'll be PERFECT. He's done nearly everything to this car, and I'm looking forward to a much needed break from trying to be a mechanic.:banana:

Thanks GD!!

post-30402-136027642942_thumb.jpg

Many would not call it suffering. My brother had one and it served him. These Legacys are a different thing and I'm sure if the General redid it it is fine. I notice you have what appears to be 15" stock OB alloys. Are those 205 ? Welcome for sure and your trip with a nice one like that should be great.

Many would not call it suffering. My brother had one and it served him. These Legacys are a different thing and I'm sure if the General redid it it is fine. I notice you have what appears to be 15" stock OB alloys. Are those 205 ? Welcome for sure and your trip with a nice one like that should be great.

I agree, many would not call it suffering. I've seen 'em work great for friends which is why I got one in the first place. But my particular EA82T? Well, just take a look at my thread history and you'll get the idea.

This is a new game for me, and I have to say I feel pretty lost. Honestly, I don't have a clue about the alloys. :o

So glad you like it! :)

Those are Subaru 14" alloy's - I would think if they came from an OB they would be 15's? But I could be wrong on that. I'm not real familar with factory rim differences across new-gen's. I know my '91 Turbo is 15" and I would assume the OB's would be the same with their upgraded brakes and larger tires....

Basically I had to do a complete reseal on it. Had a small HG leak and was pressureizing the cooling system - previous owners tried a fix in a bottle and clogged up the radiator :rolleyes:. Surfaced heads and a reseal fixed it up. Misc. other repairs to get it up on it's maintenance schedule, a weird fuel pump issue from an incorrect previous owner repair, AC recharge, etc and a general once-over of everything else.

I'll be getting more in as I find them. If anyone in the OR/WA area is looking for something..... well I delivered this one 275 miles from Portland to Medford so all sorts of things are possible. :). I handle mostly the '95+ stuff but the '90 to '94's are very plentiful and I can do those as well - they just aren't worth a lot so I generally pass unless I have a request.

GD

I'll be getting more in as I find them. If anyone in the OR/WA area is looking for something..... well I delivered this one 275 miles from Portland to Medford so all sorts of things are possible. :). I handle mostly the '95+ stuff but the '90 to '94's are very plentiful and I can do those as well - they just aren't worth a lot so I generally pass unless I have a request.

GD

Im doing almost exactly the same thing out here in Colorado and delivering them vast distances at times if the $ and timing are right. I don't even touch 90-94's anymore they are great cars but don't return any pay for the effort at the end. Tried and failed. A few imprezas here and there but people tend to hold onto those or just beat them into the ground.

Im doing almost exactly the same thing out here in Colorado and delivering them vast distances at times if the $ and timing are right. I don't even touch 90-94's anymore they are great cars but don't return any pay for the effort at the end. Tried and failed. A few imprezas here and there but people tend to hold onto those or just beat them into the ground.

I know exactly what you mean. It's pretty close to the same here - Impreza's are beat to hell, been wrecked a few times, and the 90 to 94's are just not worth beans. Not enough profit for the work they require which is often more than something newer :rolleyes:.

GD

I notice you have what appears to be 15" stock OB alloys.

Those are Subaru 14" alloy's - I would think if they came from an OB they would be 15's? But I could be wrong on that.

Those are definitely 14" Legacy alloys - I had a set on my 1995 Legacy.

Thanks for the technical info GD. I have to say I know where everything's at, but I haven't gotten "familiar" with this car yet 'cause it's running perfect! Just took her on a 600 mile road trip from Oregon to Nevada (lots of mountains etc) and she didn't complain once. Great gas mileage too!

It's an odd feeling- being able to rely on a car!:banana: