Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I picked out something that's going to be a big problem on these.

3 idlers on the serpentine belt. I see those ALL the time with locked up bearings. Especially the plastic ones that like to roll around on the bearing and melt. Then the belt shreds and gets tangled up in everything. Makes a nice mess.

On the FB the serpentine belt drives the water pump. A broken belt will undoubtedly lead to severe overheating, since we all know how many people will just keep right on driving once that funny squealing noise finally goes away.

Nevermind the battery light, or the lack of power steering... :rolleyes:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked out something that's going to be a big problem on these.

3 idlers on the serpentine belt. I see those ALL the time with locked up bearings. Especially the plastic ones that like to roll around on the bearing and melt. Then the belt shreds and gets tangled up in everything. Makes a nice mess.

On the FB the serpentine belt drives the water pump. A broken belt will undoubtedly lead to severe overheating, since we all know how many people will just keep right on driving once that funny squealing noise finally goes away.

Nevermind the battery light, or the lack of power steering... :rolleyes:

They're called "Idiot lights" for a reason. I believe with every fiber of my being, that if someone is too complacent to notice all sorts of alarms and changes in their car's feel, that: 1) they deserve to blow up their engine and 2) they're too complacent to be behind the wheel of a 4000 pound death missle.

Yet people still manage to cause severe bearing damage by overheating the Ej25. Though the underlying cause (low coolant due to HG leak) is different, the end effect is the same. People don't pay attention, they don't care about the blinking red or yellow lights on the dash. Some even manage to miss clouds of steam pouring from under the hood. They just keep driving 'til the engine quits.

Maybe it's time to bring back voice warnings, along with a HUD that throws a warning on the glass itself, and they both say, verbatim:

"If you don't pull over in 60 seconds, your engine WILL blow up."

... followed by "I will tell your mom/dad/wife/husband that it's your fault, too."

(not that it would do any good)

Holy Cow!

I Really Like the New FB engine Design, for Sure; it Looks like a Wonderful Bulletproof engine that brings back Memories from the EA81 era.

The only thing I really don't like very much, is the Car Body that Wraps around that engines... I Miss the Frameless windows with all its advantages and Disadvantages, that designs were Clean.

Newer Designs not only has frames but also interruptions on the "Crystal flow"

lead12-2012-subaru-impreza-sedanb.jpg

I Know that is to bring the Cab Forward, but I dislike that.

Except the New Subaru BRZ:

BRZCoupe.jpg

I Really Like it! :burnout:

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo