Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What's the fastest your old Subaru has gotten up to?

A little over 150km/h for me too.

My goal is 160.

If the boys in blue catch you doing over 140km/h in NZ they take away your licence. Can't afford this so not really trying too hard.

Yikes! I have sighted ~150-160km/h in my GSR once or twice (just shy of 100mph) at something fun between 6000-6500rpm.

When I 1st got my GSR driving it back thru the North Island in the middle of No where I got up to 96MPH.

Throught It was pretty good since it was never touched and carbs and seals were worn. Some vacume leaks around the carbs too.

That was with the original 1400 GSR engine in it.

Edited by kiwi subbie

On my way to my second job I have about 4 miles of highway that I get to just hold the carb wide open. Is it possible to push the motor to hard? She will do 80 mph all day without any complaints but getting past 85 mph seems like a chore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I chased my buddies Impreza on I5 - was early morning, no traffic and he went 90 for about 10 miles then just floored it, I got to about 80 in 4th, then shifted to 5th and went to ~ 110 before front end seemed scary and slowed down.

EA82 with Weber, pulled hard through 3rd and 4th, kinda sluggish in 5th, but thats what 5th is for.

• 4 months later...