Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6 lug swap help

bratclay

I need help. I am doing the 6 lug swap on my brat. I did it on my girls subi. I got some studs from napa. I just can't find my receipt with the part number on it. They are a little bit longer but have a smaller head to fit in the back of the drum.

Yes I searched I just not finding it. Maybe I'm putting in the wrong works or something.

I need to get those and install before next weekend. I have to move the brat out from under cover while I'm away. :(

Thanks for your help in advance

Just ordered some wheel studs from RockAuto. Stock studs for GL were Dorman #610-322 with 22mm heads & 14.27mm knurl, 30.5mm length.

From the Dorman catalog it appears you could use the 610-263 that has a smaller 12.83mm knurl & smaller dia. head, 32.5mm length.

Can't post attachments but the pdf downloads from Dorman hardware catalog is available online free.

http://www.dormanproducts.com/catalog/2006_hardware.htm

Section 10, 161-166.

I got the napa part # from this sit. Someone did the same swap and used these studs for the back. I just can't find that thread again where the napa part number was posted. I remember the part number was for like Nissan or Infinity or something like that. But they worked great. The heads are like half the size as stock subi studs that's why they worked so well.

Thanks everyone for your help.

I'm doing it right now. I happened to have a couple EJ hubs with good studs and chewed up bearing surfaces....so I pressed the studs out and used those.

they're longer than the EA82 studs, as they're designed to go through the rotor, but the threads are the same dimensions, and the shoulder is barely larger than the threads, and the head is as small as I'm comfortable with.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you found anything. But I just bolted a steely to my hub with the EJ studs on it.....well, since the EJ studs are designed to go through the brake rotor, the knuckle is too long. I bottomed out the lug nut before the stud was fully seated. Probably would work fine with alloys, as the wheel material is thicker.....but not with steelies.

I searched on summit for 12x1.25 studs, and only found one reasonably-priced option. They're the exact same dimensions as the EJ subaru ones, except the shoulder is 1mm shorter, which is probably enough.

Dorman #610378. RockAuto lists "#4322221B00, 4322221B60, 4322225B60, 4322228B10, 4322241B00, 432225V200, 4322270T00, 432227S200, 610375, 6103781, 98353, 983531" in the description for those dorman studs. So I'm sure those are some other part numbers. Also says that part number is for Nissan/Infinity.