Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Went four wheeling and broke stuff.

DC493

Btw, thw blue hatch in the 2nd pic is my first lifted Subaru.

First Subaru? Very nice My first was a 04 Outback :grin:

But some hours later and a broken pinkie Finally got the original problem fixed, new front hubs bearings and axle.

Even threw some exhaust protectors on the exhaust :banana:

Although I need to change my oil pan it hit a pretty nice rock a while back, figure while I'm doing all this work I should fix that. How exactly do I get the oil pan off? I've taken all the screws on the sides and front but can't get to the back row.

Didn't get to the oil pan but I did get to the exhaust. We finally got rain and I took the subie out and I found I have No reverse :eek: It wont go into gear but will ride smoothly on all five forward gears. Im something is wrong with the transmission linkage but im not a hundred%

Edited by Zap

Got decently far on the swap just hard to find time now. Pics will be up soon of both the roo's. I'm just stumped on my transmission that wont go into reverse :confused: why????????

And I was thinking of buying all wrx under carage and engine and throwing it in the gl parts car :lol: Obviously I'm just dreaming though

Tighten your clutch cable and see if you can get it into reverse then. If not, then there may just be too much slop. Search around on here for how to fix it. New engine and transmission mounts may help as well, and even if they don't, you should get new ones anyway. They really transform the car.

Jacob

Or reverse is dead... Drain the tranny oil and see what comes out with it. Any metal bits will tell you that something's not 100% internally.

I hope for you that it's a dodgy linkage, but if you can get 5th no problems I doubt its a shifter linkage.

Cheers

Bennie

• 1 month later...

WOW its been a while since I have posted anything here (mainly cause of family losses and me loosing my job)

So quick update timing belts are kaput everything else is fine but my timing belt casings are melted :eek: and I have no idea why :confused: