Ultimate Subaru Message Board

First time Off-roading w/ Wagon

Just wanna share w/ you folks my 1st trip to the desert w/ the wagon. Its been a couple months since i lifted and did maintenance to it. Yesterday at Ocotillo Wells, nobody in sight, 110* weather, me and my bros did a day trip to shoot our guns and do a little off-roading. Have to say the wagon passed the test except for the AC goin out as soon as we left the site. The trail, about 5 miles from the road had a couple hills, washboard bumps up to 2' high, and rock gardens at the end. It was smooth throughout w/ the stock suspension. Didn't scrape at all underneath. But definitely gonna put a skid plate on next. I'm so glad I bought the Loyale! Its budget-offroading at its Best!

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0582.png

IMG_0583.png

IMG_0546.jpg

Sweet looking subi! All stock other than tyre size?

I too like the look of those rifles. I bet they're fully auto too... We don't/arn't "allowed" to have them anymore thanks to a fella called Martin Bryant who went on a massacre in the mid nineties. Anti gun groups snapped up the opportunity to have the government collect and crush many fully auto and semi auto rifles, pump actions etc.

We really are becoming the nanny country if we're not already there!

Sorry for the off topic! Nice subi again, I like the black on white features, well done on that one!

Cheers

Bennie

Sweet looking subi! All stock other than tyre size?

I too like the look of those rifles. I bet they're fully auto too... We don't/arn't "allowed" to have them anymore thanks to a fella called Martin Bryant who went on a massacre in the mid nineties. Anti gun groups snapped up the opportunity to have the government collect and crush many fully auto and semi auto rifles, pump actions etc.

We really are becoming the nanny country if we're not already there!

Sorry for the off topic! Nice subi again, I like the black on white features, well done on that one!

Cheers

Bennie

They arent full auto but they are semi auto which is pretty nice. full autos are pretty much illegal unless you have a lot of time and money on your hands to get the special permits. Ive heard of that massacre in Au. Not to get over political but i fear the US is going down the same path. For now we can just enjoy what freedom we have while we still have it.

I would recomend you possibly getting some different springs in the back. When your loaded down in the 1st picture your squating. If your going to offroad with alot of gear you might want to look into the upgrades. I believe its accord or tempo springs or even another subaru with a stronger spring rate. Just something to take the load better. I have a white wagon with 27tires and a 2 inch lift. You look like you have a similar setup.

picture.php?albumid=235&pictureid=2342

I believe its accord or tempo springs or even another subaru with a stronger spring rate.

Yep, I've used the front springs from a honda civic ~'91 model. Works a treat and wish I knew about it 5 years ago!!

Cheers

Bennie