Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale windows won't roll down

if you have done all of that and still have nothing, then htere is a very good possibility that the motor is dead.

you can test it by running jump wires direct from the battery -

remove door panel, disconnect window motor, jump wires to motor terminals, wires one way goes up, the opposite way goes down.

if motor is dead, you should be able to source one from a junkyard or someone here on the board.

forgot to add that there is a possibility that wires going into the drivers door have been known to break over time from the opening/closing of the door - these are 20+ yr old cars....

i guess first step would be to make sure you actually have power going to the main switch....

Thanks for the help everyone I will look into those. If one windows motor goes out will the rest not work? Because none of them are working. I will check the **** under the drivers seat. (relays I think he meant) and the wiring at the drivers door. I did also hear buzzing when trying to roll any of them when the stopped working at first. Couldn't tell where it was coming from. Front passenger compartment comewhere

Thanks for the help everyone I will look into those. If one windows motor goes out will the rest not work? Because none of them are working. I will check the **** under the drivers seat. (relays I think he meant) and the wiring at the drivers door. I did also hear buzzing when trying to roll any of them when the stopped working at first. Couldn't tell where it was coming from. Front passenger compartment comewhere

ok, then it probably is not the motor if none are working - one motor going should not affect the others.

make sure there is power to the master switch assembly on drivers door (full 12 volt) if not start tracing back to find your culprit.

if there is, then the switch assembly could be the problem.

I replaced all three relays under the passenger seat. And the drivers door switches with a known good one. Fuse is good and I get nothin when I push the buttons. :confused:

There could be a Chance that those Relays' are Wrong or not well Connected... I Kindly suggest you to Check my Write-up about How to Swap Subie's Relays for Standard Relays...

I Hope this can Help.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=90403

Kind Regards.