Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ATV Tires on a lifted Subaru

81EA81

Those are badass tires! Those wheels look like 6 lug toyota, drilled to 4x140mm....are those 15" wheels? I've got an extra set of 15" 6 lugs wheels that would look great with some 27-29" ATV tires, if I can find them that size.

Anybody running a 27-29" ATV tire on a 15" rim?

hey pooparu, those look KILLER. but do you actually drive those on pavement, over 40mph?

aside from the feel of riding on a mechanical bull, the rubber MUST wear out in about 7 hundred miles, right?

No I don't drive them on the pavement. I through them in the back of the BRAT and put them on when I get to where I'm going.

look again I havent seen a atv in the 2400 lb catogorie

Just because the ATV doesn't weigh that much, doesn't mean some of the aftermarket ATV tires aren't rated for that much......

You both have already stated the same things... more than once. Enough already!

an ATV tire only needs to hold about a quarter of weight on them

say your car weighs 3000 lbs loaded with trail gear and what not.each tire only needs to hold roughly 750 lbs.Most if the atv tires with more than 4 plys are rated for atleast 1000 lbs per tire.

an ATV tire only needs to hold about a quarter of weight on them

say your car weighs 3000 lbs loaded with trail gear and what not.each tire only needs to hold roughly 750 lbs.Most if the atv tires with more than 4 plys are rated for atleast 1000 lbs per tire.

Not to pick an arguement... But now lets assume you're going downhill with one rear wheel off the ground. That's 1000lbs per tire, plus the fact that most of the weight is on the downhill front tires.

Alright so I got the specs on the tires.

ITP

27X11R 14

Mudlite XTR

Xtreme Terrain Radial

Max Load 491 LBS. @ 7psi

I've also got some tubes installed in them too.

Now thats what im talking about.

What kind of tire is that?

I couldn't find any 15" tires

theres two problems with ATV tires:

1. they are offroad only

2. if you try to run them at 5-7 psi they are rated for they will fall off the bead of car tires.

for something like an offroad only subaru they work fantasic if they are filled to about 20 psi with a tube.