Ultimate Subaru Message Board

safer cars are ones that are more visible

I hate to be a buzz kill, but putting those little refectors on your car is akin to trying to bail out the Titanic with a shot glass.

A whole strip across the bottom, or better yet the top might actually make a difference.

Honestly I didn't even see what you were talking about until I saw the off colored spots on the red Leggo.

Edited by NoahDL88
ETA

Not in the daytime... but I bet you would see them right away at night when your headlights shine on them. ;)

Still it's about area, I've got most of my helmet covered in reflective vinyl, and it lights up great at night, but those rectangles are so small, unless they are SOLAS they are not going to make an impact in any situation where the tail lights are already on.

unless they are SOLAS they are not going to make an impact in any situation where the tail lights are already on.

... so they help keep your dark blue wagon from getting hit while it is parked with the lights off. Still seems like a worthwhile addition to me. ;)

It would help visibility if the car was parked, or disabled off the side of the road. Disabled cars on the interstate at night are almost invisible until you are passing it if there are no lights on. This would be deadly for anyone who dared pass on the shoulder.

The reflectors are much safer for running out of gas or having a flat tire.

I have put them inside the door sills to show that the door is open at night.

Having the lights on does better as some cars will blend in with the sky on overcast days, depending on its color.

You could make the car look obnoxious enough...