Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi Again. Texans?

So some of you may remember me from years ago but its been awhile since ive had a subaru, just bought a 79 Brat, SO IM BACK! Anyways, went ahead and started a Texas group under Community on here if anyone else is in the area so we can help each other out!

• 3 weeks later...

booyah! are you the original owner of that car? I met someone in autozone in midlothian one day who had owned that car but can't remember the details. I had the digi urban camo 88 GL.

I went new gen (outback) but have many old parts and stuff. I live just outside midlothian and would love to wheel or whatever.

Not the first owner or anything but im the one who did all of the off-road mods to it originally.I was living in Cedar hill at the time but its been probably 4 or 5 years since I sold it. I am debating on getting an outback or impreza if I can find one cheap enough to be more of a daily but I just love the body style of the 79 Brat I picked up. Trying to get this Texas Group going so maybe we can connect with some of the Oklahoma and Colorado people and set up a south central subaru meet or something.

i must have talked to the guy you sold it to. I am pretty sure I talked to you on the phone about it. you sold it pretty cheap if I remember. It needed axles and carb work... or something.

Anyways. I would love to be in on a southcentral meet! Maybe at an OHV park? I hear there is a really sweet one in bridgeport that takes all vehicles

Edited by Ricearu

Hello Texans!

I'm a recently transplant for Portland, Or to Austin. Haven't seen one other Brat yet. Did see a gen 2 wagon, but other than that just some newer Outbacks and Foresters. I have an 85 Brat that is currently needing a new engine so it's grounded for the next couple of months until I can get enough saved up for a replacement EJ 22. Had the swap done recently, but ended up with a falsely advertised engine. Oh well. Such is the luck of Craigslist.

i have a good bottom end for an ej22 you can have for $50. I am an hour from hillsboro. I am on the south end of the metroplex. I pulled it from my 90 legacy at around 200k for a blown head gasket. It used water but never really overheated. It ran strong and didn't smoke. I sold the heads to my roommate for his frankenmotor build.

For the sake of not taking up more bandwith...but mostly to be lazy....here is the link to my build thread that has some pictures. http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=131079 Haven't gotten to do too much to it lately, been super busy. Hoping to get to take at least half of the summer off from school and get this thing all fixed up and reliable by the end of summer.

i have a good bottom end for an ej22 you can have for $50. I am an hour from hillsboro. I am on the south end of the metroplex. I pulled it from my 90 legacy at around 200k for a blown head gasket. It used water but never really overheated. It ran strong and didn't smoke. I sold the heads to my roommate for his frankenmotor build.

Thanks, but I'm no mechanic and I don't know any here. Sounds like it would need a fair amount of work. I've been in touch with a shop that can replace the engine for me, but I need to save up the $1500 or so to get it done.