Ultimate Subaru Message Board

bit the dust last week at 256K miles...connecting rod. I've chosen to get a used engine with 60K on it for $2800...so disappointed. I have done all the maintenance on this car, used Amsoil and Mobil 1 synthetic oil religiously and had this happen. It was still cheaper than a car payment, so it's in the shop for a week and the motor comes with a 90 day warranty....i'm bumming

i know other subaru owners who literally ABUSE their cars, lack of maintenance (only when the car stops running or upon occassion some regular maintenance but not often) and they have 300K!

unsure of what h4 or h6 means....the car is ok, would have preferred a new car, but prefer no car payments..so it's a catch 22 ya know?

i had been burning or losing oil for awhile and i stayed on top of it about a year ago i have my valve cover gaskets and some other items done to help with that...

when i bought this car i was told from so many folks how long they last...maybe i will treat my new "used" engine like crap and i will get 400K!

when i bought this car

new or used?

were the headgaskets ever replaced?

often means it was previously overheated or run low on oil at some point in it's life. with the external oil leaks of the 05+ EJ25's a low oil situation could occur at any point in it's life, even low mileage. then again stuff happens and a quarter million miles is not that bad - it would get you to the moon!

new or used?

often means it was previously overheated or run low on oil at some point in it's life. with the external oil leaks of the 05+ EJ25's a low oil situation could occur at any point in it's life, even low mileage. then again stuff happens and a quarter million miles is not that bad - it would get you to the moon!

Wow. I have an 05 Subaru. Mapquest here I come.

new or used?

i bought it new in aug 04 (new 05 just coming out)

headgaskets were replaced about 180K...

oh well...i got it back today rides like BRAND NEW! better get me another 256K!