Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello,

I am looking to get a new pair of all season tires for 2008 WRX Sedan. I have been doing some research and I am coming across a lot of all season tires but I am having a difficult time choosing.

I need some recommendations on the some good All Season tires for less then a $100 a pop.

Last summer, I bought a set of Yokohama AVID TRZ tires for my OBW. I really like them, because they drive so nice, and still look like new with 10K miles on them. Winter was very mild in Indiana last winter, so there wasn't hardly any opportunity to see how well they did in snow. Cost was about $100/tire, so they are within your budget. Recommend you put them on your "short" list.

Last summer, I bought a set of Yokohama AVID TRZ tires for my OBW. I really like them, because they drive so nice, and still look like new with 10K miles on them. Winter was very mild in Indiana last winter, so there wasn't hardly any opportunity to see how well they did in snow. Cost was about $100/tire, so they are within your budget. Recommend you put them on your "short" list.

Update.........don't think the Yokohama AVID TRZ model tire is available in the size you need. However, other models are available that will fit.

My tire size is 205/50-17. I am looking for some tires that have good grip on dry and wet roads. I also plan to go to the mountains so I want a tire that can grip good in the snow.

you don't want much for a $100 do you? :burnout:

don't get the those Kumhos, marginal in snow at best.

dry and wet grip are awesome.

The Yokohama Advan Envigors are the best deal in town $.

A fine hot dry tire with a beautiful turn in.

Fantastic wet tire that leaves you thinking they are actually better wet!

They are a little noisy when new and are absolutely useless in the winter.

Never the less, they are as I have said, stelar in hot and fantastic in wet.

So I still recomend snow tires as these things although technically all seasons really don't cut it for winter.

True all seasons are tires like the good year triple treads, highest rated are nokian wr, but don't expect to really hook up in the summer even as well the lowly envigors, not nearly! Although I would be curious how the new low profile triple treads are performing?

Edited by subaruplatt

Did not know the 08 WRX came with 205/50-17's, same as the ones on our 08 OBS. However, I upgraded to the Conti DWS in size 225/45-17's on the OBS and they are super. They will cost you @$130 each though with the current promo at Discount Tire Direct, free shipping.

Did not know the 08 WRX came with 205/50-17's, same as the ones on our 08 OBS. However, I upgraded to the Conti DWS in size 225/45-17's on the OBS and they are super. They will cost you @$130 each though with the current promo at Discount Tire Direct, free shipping.

Yup. Exact same place I got mine.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, good prices for good suggestions.

Still, Michelin HydroEdge are the best tires ever made. And good in snow too.

90,000 wear promised.

And I took their X-Ones, which were my previous "best tires ever made,"

(they used to be 80,000 wear,) to probably 120000+ miles. Yes, metal was showing through, but they still ran and ran, and ran.

:headbang: