Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2003 Baja vibrating while stopped.

Hi guys.

A few weeks ago I took my car to get the power steering pump replaced and afterwards, the car would vibrate when stopped at a light or stop sign and while in the drive position. If I switch to neutral, park, or reverse the vibration stops. I have seen threads for this but no final outcome on what the problem was.

It is with a friend at a different shop now because I think the first guy I took it to was not being very ethical or honest with me. The shop it is at now is having a tough time figuring out what it is so here I am. Trying to get some ideas on what might be making this happen.

So far we know its not any of the mounts. Any help would be appreciated :)

Edit: The vibration is not steady...it starts to vibrate, then stops, then vibrates again...sometimes more than others.

Edited by Mrs. Robles

there was something that was recently replaced, I believe it was a joint or something (maybe a mount?) on the front axle that was cracked and that was replaced. I just read somewhere else that it might just need a tune up (has been a long time) so I am going to get that done tomorrow and see if that helps.

Thanks for the reply. =)

Yea that seems to be an issue with automatics. Mine had it too b4 i converted to 5speed. I have a bad axle too. If tune up doesnt fix it id consider getting a set of axles. They usually last alot longer than aftermarket so you should go subaru. Also aftermarkets tend to cause alot of problems from what ive seen

Guys, hate to knit pick.... "the car would vibrate when stopped at a light or stop sign" Not going to be axles. We just bought a Baja and it does the same thing. I'm going to do a tune and injector service. Could be a belt and tensioner issue, but I doubt it. Those are almost always constant. Could just be a coincidence it started after the repair but there are some scheisters out there.

Guys, hate to knit pick.... "the car would vibrate when stopped at a light or stop sign" Not going to be axles. We just bought a Baja and it does the same thing. I'm going to do a tune and injector service. Could be a belt and tensioner issue, but I doubt it. Those are almost always constant. Could just be a coincidence it started after the repair but there are some scheisters out there.

i DID say start with a tuneup.