Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Midwest Subaru Meet--when will you arrive and from what direction/route

Please reply on this post with your planned arrival date to the area and the general route you will be taking.

I will start with:

Arrive Saturday Morning to the area coming from Eastern Iowa.

I will take I-80E to I-29N. I am very much willing to meet people along the way to caravan in especially if you are worried about finding the park. (personally I am worried about people being able to find it.)

Will be coming Sat. morning, down 141, then zig-zaging across rural 2 lanes. I, at least, know where I'm going. BUT, where are we meeting up at? Is there going to be a designated rendezvous(sp) point? I'll have Motorola 2-ways, but can't afford to buy a CB.

We'll be leaving FRI 23APR04 early afternoon. Want plenty of time to get down there :) Prolly be going I35 south to I90 west to I29 south. Maybe a pitstop at Chef Tim's if its okay with the rest of the ppl caravaning with me.

leaving fri eve, no set time, arrive later that nite, depending on time, go play and make dust clouds

ROUTE: HWY 17 SOUTH to grainger, west on why 141 to coon rapids, visit eyesore, and keep on going west til I find the campground, setup camp, then whatever

Saturday SLEEP IN :banana:, then meet up where?

cb ch. 16?

frs radio any ch.

We'll be leaving Lincoln on Friday afternoon, as soon as the kids get out of school, at 4pm. We'll be taking I80 East to I29 north, and on up from there. We'll have CB radio's, and I think channel 16 was decided on. I also have FRS radios, that I can bring along, and relay between FRS and CB.

We should arrive at the park on Friday night, I'm guessing around 8pm or so.

I welcome convoy memebers along the way.

Will be bringing my 86 Turbo XT hopefully, and my 96 Chevy Astro, unless I can swing $600 for the 88 XT6 that's here in town. Then we'll just bring both XT's...that would be sweet.

RedLance