Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NWWO Walker Run Oct19th

one eye

Be prepared for some carnage on your body.

Also water pump leak or not I'm going.

I under stand after all Walker Vally is what inspired me to build my tube bumper. I would prefer not to bend any sheet metal( my rockers don't count their already toast) but whatever happens happens.

• Like 1

I under stand after all Walker Vally is what inspired me to build my tube bumper. I would prefer not to bend any sheet metal( my rockers don't count their already toast) but whatever happens happens.

That's the spirit!!!!......

Jeff

• Like 1

just fix the damned water pump.

Pretty sure its just the inlet tube O ring.  Its a very slow leak.  Been driving a lot it will be fine for one more day.  Will have a spare just in case and will fix it after.  Which is funny as my attitude is usually the opposite.

Pretty sure its just the inlet tube O ring.  Its a very slow leak.  Been driving a lot it will be fine for one more day.  Will have a spare just in case and will fix it after.  Which is funny as my attitude is usually the opposite.

With my luck once I decide that its nothing major and take it on a wheeling trip or depend on it,it will choose that moment to become a major problem.

Just finished getting my car ready, which included 1 1/2 hours of scraping about 100lbs of WCSS15 mudpit out from under my car! :o  :rolleyes:

I will see you guys in a few hours. Kevin will be following me up. Ready for some good subie wheelin! :banana:

Jesse

For those of you who have never been to Jeff's house(one eye), you probally could  use google earth and find Mt vernon,then find the house with more subarus than square feet of yard and its probally his house. :)

O19W001_zps0776a902.jpg~original

"one of these things is not like the others..." I was driving the jetta because it was cheap on gas and reliable enough to get me there and back.

Our group at GI Joes.

O19W003_zps11cf3dd2.jpg~original

Scott caught up to us at the gas station and here is his legacy

O19W004_zps50437cd4.jpg~original

Most of my pics are when we stopped You can check them out on my facebook or photobucket,I did however get a couple action shots.

Here's scott giving it hell up a hill

O19W011_zps22341567.jpg~original

Heres kevin getting a few more dents

O19W018_zpsa859569f.jpg~original

here is the rock sans cars.

O19W019_zps20059ef4.jpg~original

Towards the end of the day kevin's steering shaft started breaking.On the way back down it broke and he clogged up the trail a little bit.This cool 4 runner found us.

O19W021_zps942d99a9.jpg~original

We also found some some creepy crawly atoyots

heres one doing it thing creepy crawling...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=452104994906845&set=vb.100003220448946&type=2&theater

No dents on that rock for me!  I did squish my rockers in the gravel pit though. I'm geussing it was when Scott and I took seperate hill climbs that ended up in the same hole at the top.

The car did awesome despite having only mild AT's on it.  That was of course until the welds broke on my steering shaft. Luckily it was near the end of the day.  The second tie wire fix was better than the first, enough to get me to the parking lot. A big thanks to Rick for welding it up for me and helping me get it back in.

IMAG0357.jpg

Steering is super solid now! :)  I'm still going to weld up a spare... just in case.

• Like 1

Damage Report

Bent Rear Bumper (High Lift, As If It Wasn't Already Toast)

Bent Front Bumper (From High Lift)

Crushed Passenger Side Exhaust

Dented Oil Filter

Crushed Passenger Front Door and Rocker (More So Then Before)

Also a Axle Stub, But That Was A Pre Existing Condition.

Fixes Before Next Trip

Maxima Alternator (Mines Finally Dying)

Replace Water Pump

Oil Change

Rear Diff Oil Change

Bumpers

Skid Plate (Long Overdue)

Brakes

More Wheel Well Bashing

Besides Kevin's steering shaft and Roberts Fender/Bumper issues we did pretty good.  It was a fun trip up above the clouds.