Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Julianco,   Tried to reply before, don't know why it didn't post.  I just got a set for my '79 4wd wagon and it wasn't easy.  Going thru rockauto or another parts house usually means it is a rebuild service and that seemed a little sketchy to me.  These things are like hen's teeth and I waqsn't too keen on shipping mine off to get them back who knows when.  I wound up geting a set through a transmission shop down in Baltimore.  Jim Jennings was he name of the place.  If you have a good tranny/driveline shop near you, they may have a good source to try.  The bottom line is that a shop is going to have better parts resources than what is available to you or me.  And if they are a good outfit, they won't skin you for getting the parts ordered in for you.  At least that's what I found.  Hope this helps and good luck!                                                             

Check with Shawn, I believe there is a place here in Denver that rebuilds them. I have a used set in back of my Brat at Shawn's. set on parts Brat also.

Back late to this, but CVJ in Denver made some up that are going in tomorrow. I was told that the OReilly Chinese ones don;t hold up to well.  Any experience here?

The CVJs look great.

My oriellys ones have held up fine so far. Been daily driving 40 miles round trip to work and back on lowered STIFF AND I MEAN STIFF suspension with no issues for about 3 or 4 months now

I have a pair of axles from a 78 Wagon 4WD that are still good but probably rebuild candidate cores, I have new axles and don't need them.