Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Confirming rear lift height

You will be maxed at full extension all the time.  Beat the crap out of your kidneys, handle like poop, and probably blow the lower perch off if you ever do get any uptravel.

If you want to get an idea of the height.....just jack up the car til the rear wheels barely touch.....this is were it will ride all the time with those springs.

He won't need to drop the diff.....the shock will still be the same length with the same mounting points.  No travel or clearance gained just super stiff and maxed out extended.

If you want to use those springs, cut 3/4~ 1 coil off to keep it reasonable.

id go with the 4 runner strut upgrade also. it will be about 2" lift  and stiff.

i keep alot of crap in my car and im sitting on virtually no suspension with the stock coils with the 4 runner  struts.

im going to get the honda coils soon and after i remove the rear strut lift it should be about perfect.

Edited by AKghandi

... Beat the crap out of your kidneys, handle like poop, and probably blow the lower perch off if you ever do get any uptravel...

Very Respectfully, I have to Disagree with that Statement.  Have you ever tried that setup?

I Run my Subaru "BumbleBeast" with Honda Accord front coil springs on the Rear, with Awesome Results, since many, many years ago; as you can read, Here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/106807-improved-shock-absorbers-and-spring-coils-on-loyales/

At first, I used them with the Stock Shock Absorbers, then along the 4Runner Shock absorbers and I've put many thousands of Miles on mixed driving styles with them, without a single problem so far; in fact, the Car's Handling unloaded & loaded becomes Amazing.

Let me Share here, another Member's opinion on the same Subject, he installed those accord coil springs on his wagon:

This measurement might be a little off. But I'm somewhere close to 29.5-30 at the top of the rear. If my original was 28.25 these springs rock! I've noticed a significant change in the way my car handles and rides. I'll try to describe it. You know when you hit a bump in the road or pothole? how your car bounces up, then comes down pretty hard, then bounces a little more? These springs help minimize that. I noticed when I hit a bump the extra coils and more tightly wrapped spring help to smooth out the transition from hitting the bump. The car doesn't come down as hard as it used to and cornering is a bit more "sporty". Overall sweet little mod you can do in not too much time. Thanks to Jes for the info and Marcus for the idea!

CcRArg1.jpg

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo