Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifting the front of 84 wagon question

how do I lift the front of my 84 wagon? I think I would use two 2" blocks on each side of the front but the two studs wouldn't be long enough? Can some one help. My tires are rubbing, I lifted the back with the screw under the seat but the front still needs to be higher. Thanks

There is literaly TONS of info on this in here

Try google searching it with this site

Like: 2 inch lift ultimatesubaru.org

You'll find what you need

Original front struts are adjustable up to 2 inchs, there are adjustments under the struts spring perch, use pb blaster generously

Edited by mikaleda

This site has tons of info and I have searched but can't find exactly what I need to lift the front of my 84 wagon 2". I don't want to buy a lift kit and really don't wanna mess with the strut bolts you mentioned.

If you don't want to do either one of these ^^^^^ and you can't fab it yourself, then you don't want to lift your car. It really is that simple ;)

Happy Holidays!

Edited by Crazyeights
  • Like 2

If your car has the adjustable struts that is flat out the easiest way. They generally allow for 1-1.2" of height adjustment depending on model and if they are aftermarket or not. Soak like suggested. Try jacking the front up to get some of the weight off of them and even removing the front tires for better access. You will most likely need to adjust your toe-in out some like I had suggested on a post before. This will most likely correct you tire rubbing, it did on my 87 Brat when I had 195-75 tires installed.