Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'll bet no one here is in FL...

Guest subyluvr2212

Guest subyluvr2212

Unfortunately, the only people with Subarus here in FL are the ricers in WRXs with windshield washer lights. Any old Subarus are belonging to old people that don't have any enthusiasm or a computer, or they belong to people who just run them until they die, probably never even changing the oil...

<em>Am I the only true, honest, older Subaru enthusiast in Florida???</em>

Or can someone post in this thread and convince me otherwise... I'd like to meet you :D

• 2 weeks later...

myoss feece is doing work down in miama, he is the one from indiana with the 2wd to 4wd conversion. he leaves his soob here, but he said he saw a grey sedan, and a white sedan in florida. i'll be if you and your soob were anywhere near him, he would approach it and ask about it

Greetings, I am in Miami, not a Subie Racer though.

I have a 1992 Legacy GLX in Peru, and do race my 81 Turbo Trans Am. Nice to meet all.

If you someone who can help me, I am looking for an "Air Shock - Right Front". My car being stored is deflating from inactivity.

You all take care.

Pedro

I don't understand??? Lots of Subaru oldies in Florida. So why do you hide your ID and email?? I live in Daytona Beach and have a few Subies mostly in the 80's, including brats, XT's, XT-6's, RX. Even have a 94 SVX LSI hanging around.

So what's your subaru interest?

Subaruarnie, if you're talking to my subyluvr2212 ID who started this thread, the ID is hidden because I started that thread when we were still on ezBoard. Since I wasn't a member here the moment we transferred, that ID was registered as a guest.

Anyway, enough of that... Look at my avatar and signature. I'm building up a nice older Subie collection, with the Legacy being my first Subaru ever and almost my first car ever. Then the XT I've had for not even 2 weeks yet. It's got a few things that need attention (I'm putting new axles in the front tomorrow) and then I will start driving it regularly...

Anyway, let's make this thread a place where us FL people will come to arrange meets. I can meet with WRX people all day long, time to find some old-school people to meet :D

So are there ever events for Florida Subie owners to meet? It seems as if there are a lot more of us these days, and not just WRX drivers. When I first moved here 3 1/2 years ago, a Subie was a rarity -- to the point where people at gas stations would ask me about the car. And the Subies I did see inevitably had out-of-state plates (New Jersey, Quebec, etc.) And now Outbacks and Foresters -- and, of course, Imprezas and WRXs -- are, if not exactly at Honda Accord levels of visibility, no longer in the class with the AMC Marlin and the Peugeot 505.

• 2 weeks later...

<<I'm building up a nice older Subie collection, with the Legacy being my first Subaru ever and almost my first car ever. Then the XT I've had for not even 2 weeks yet.... I can meet with WRX people all day long, time to find some old-school people to meet >>

Flocida is not a popular area for Subaru's as they offer features that are not used as much as in other areas. Although the engine is as easy as the VW engine to work on, mechanics take one look and run. Finding a good Subie mechanic in Florida is difficult.

This presents an opportunity for individuals who can do their own mechanic work as people bring their Subies to FL and sell them cheap. I found an XT turbo 2WD auto with 54K. I have loads of fun with it as people don't know what it is.

I've been procrastinating and I've just registered.

I've got a few Scoobs in the corral.

Currently:

2001 Impreza RS

2002 Impreza Outback Sport

1986 Brat --needs waterpump

1990 Legacy L

Oh, and I'm in Fort Myers. :):wave:

• 2 months later...

Hey yo-yo,

anyways i work in florida, and there is somebadass cars Down there, i was just at the subaru dealership in fort meyers, and lots of kick a**soobs.:headbang: people are enjoying their rides. my friend down there has wrx and said its pretty bad a**. my boss test drove the 04 outback wagon L.L. Bean ed. He loved it smoother than caddlesmack, and pretty quick wagon. Anyways we tried to test drive STI, wouldnt let use, but we got to seat in the seats and push all the little gadgets, there "PiMp"...........

also we test drove MAZDA RX 8 with new rotary engine, it redline at 9000 rpm, it was quick but nothin compared to STI, and STI was cheaper way better performance car in all conditions and just BETTER

im out

Yeah fff-in-did. I'm back in indiana now but whenI was in fla. I saw a grey sedan(identical to milesfox's "silverfox") and also peeped a white 2wd sedan. There aren't many oldschool soobs around there from what I gather but alot of forrester and outbacks. a few early 90's impreza. and of course wrx's as well.

Yeah I think the lack of oldschool 4x4 soobs is because 4x4 is barely/ if ever needed.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...