Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It's not you it is suckey headlights

The Subaru Legacy, Ford Fusion and Toyota Camry made it into the “marginal” category, where they share space with the aforementioned Bimmer (plus the 2 Series), Audi A4, Acura TLX, and Lincoln MKZ.

Earning an “acceptable” rating were the Mazda6, Infiniti Q50, Nissan Maxima, Honda Accord, Lexus ES and IS, Volkswagen Jetta and CC, Subaru Outback, and Volvo S60.

This would explain why my 83 wagon's low beams outperform my 07 OBW's low beams. High beams are no comparison however.

As for a few of the qualms mentioned by the commentators about not being able to see on a windy country road, the fogs on my 07 help immensely with corner lighting while using the low beams.

Twitch

I personally feel like hight of the light is a major factor. My 96 suzuki x90 had really good headlights. I also feel like the "pretty" design alot of manufacturers go for is probably difficult for an engineer to get all that light going the right direction. The headlights on the x90 are pretty round so it seems like it would be easier to make them work.