Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2014 Impreza 2.0L CVT, anything I should really know?

Looking at a used 2014 Impreza hatch (at a subaru dealer), 33,000 miles, 2.0L base model, CVT.

Anything critical I should know- known problems, etc?

Subject to excessive oil consumption?

Any head gasket issues?

"Don't pull the wrong drainplug and drain the CVT" is the only thing I know about 'em.

No cruise control, looks like a $250-300 kit fixes that with just a little work.

background- my '03 LL bean H6 with 260000 miles just blew a head gasket, wife will get the newer car, I will get her '05 forester with 160 or 180k on it...

Dealer looking for 16.9 for it, doesn't seem likely to move from that.

It was 0% full term when my mom bought hers in 2012. Thru subarus finance. Even if its not, your gonna get a much better rate new over used. The extra $3-5k it might cost will get absorbed with the better rate

Edited by matt167

I have a 2014 Impreza Premium with the CVT. 18K so far and no issues whatsoever. Hasn't burned a drop of oil. High oil consumption was common on the 2012's, some 2013's and a few 20144's that I've heard of. I'm curious myself if the FB series engines in these cars will have headgasket issues down the road, but probably not enough high mileage ones at this point to tell.

It was 0% full term when my mom bought hers in 2012. Thru subarus finance. Even if its not, your gonna get a much better rate new over used. The extra $3-5k it might cost will get absorbed with the better rate

And you get the full B-to-B warranty, which is about up on the '14.

cheapest hatch w/CVT attached.

Impreza 1.49%x24-36-48 mos, 1.90%x60-63-72 mos (NW USA)

post-3804-0-37994000-1463630862_thumb.jpg

Edited by wtdash