Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need 2004 wrx axle recommendation

Hello all. been a while but its time to replace my daghters 04 wrx front axles.

I could not find them on subaru websiteand orielys list around 20 of them with different length and compressed length.

I need help finding the right ones.

I am looking for a quality brand that wont break the bank.

Any suggestions or part numbers?

Thanks so much

reboot originals or buy used and reboot, or reman from Subaru if available. 

different aftermarket axles often...if not always...show different lengths for the same subaru.  i'm not saying that means they're the right axle - just that it's common and, by itself, doesn't mean it's the wrong axle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carfreak85 said:

REALLY?!  Was this due to excessive failures or it wasn't profitable?  Our Forester has two SoA reman front axles...

Yep. They said it's because they couldn't get enough usable cores to supply the program. But yet they are still selling the back inventory of remans - now with no core charge because they no longer want the cores. The silly thing is they are ALSO revamping the pricing on new axles. We just ordered an axle for like a 2009 and they had some reman axles available for $199 with no core, or a new NTN axle was $239 as they have lowered the pricing to make remans and alternative aftermarket crap less desirable vs. new OEM. I don't expect the STI axle pricing to change though. Likely going to be $499 still on those.

GD

• Like 1