Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Questions about weber 32/36

Hi to All,

My brat is having lots of driveability and engine stability issues....

I am quite sure the carb takes most of the blame. Specially after disassembling and finding out that king kong has wrestled and hammered everything inside it.

Now I would like to buy a Weber 32/36, maybe the exact kit that is sold in this forum. I will use the fact that my brother will be working in WA for the next 3-4 weeks.

Some questions (feel free to laugh at me):

- The kit talks about an electric choke...Is this an electric sensor or the choke is really pulled electrically? In that case I should have to do some wiring. Do I?

- Any advice about jetting kits (or other stuff I have to order) available?

In Chile I am quite sure finding jets and parts will be impossible, so I would like to order most of the stuff I need before my brother comes back.

Thanks in advance

Saludos!

Rafa

Electric choke is what you imagine although if I have seen one on a Weber, taken no notice. I started in cable choked cars and that is my preference for chokes. I had exhaust temp ducted air style, hated trying to set up without instruction. Seen coolant controlled chokes - at their worst only of course. The Weber 32/36 has manual choke with cable in either basic or option I believe

The Weber purchased for a 1200 cc Corolla, we assumed seller had jetted it to suit, but reading online somewhere of jetting supplied basically for 32/36 for non specific application was same as we got.

Below is photo of jet sizes for EA81 1800 cc

15924353853881352045188.jpg

Oh and because the air filter bottom plate has such a tiny PCV fitting, and too close to air filter element I think?

I would use or make a catch can to duct both rocker cover tubes to in their 16 mm ID , run same size hose from catch can to PCV valve and run smaller, more compliant or willing 10 mm ID hose to air filter with an easy to disconnect type of fitting to the air casing plate

The electric choke heats a coil that when expanded from heat opens the choke. All it needs a +12V. There isn't a sensor or anything. It's basicly a timer.

Never been a fan of them, they normal have a air bleed that pulls air in to cool the coil as it's powered as long as the key is on. The bleed likes to plug up and burn the coil up. Then it floods the engine and strands you.

• Like 2