Sign in to follow this  
80BratGage

Gen one Brat Fuel pump location.

Hey guys a little help. Looking at Fuel Pumps online and I notice most of the low psi recommend placing them close to tank . I know the stock was located under the hood . Not sure if there is an aftermarket pump y’all have had luck with? Or can I get a higher psi with a pressure regulator ? Is it easier to bypass than to try and connect to the voltage regulator?

Kind of working in reverse , have you yet tried to jump the fuel pump with a couple of leads from the battery ? 

Check the archives ? I know that gets annoying so I understand if you didn’t strike gold if you did.

From horrible memory I want to say 3psi is fine. Not sure you’d require a significantly more powerful pump with a stock Hitachi. 

13 hours ago, 80BratGage said:

Hey guys a little help. Looking at Fuel Pumps online and I notice most of the low psi recommend placing them close to tank . I know the stock was located under the hood . Not sure if there is an aftermarket pump y’all have had luck with? Or can I get a higher psi with a pressure regulator ? Is it easier to bypass than to try and connect to the voltage regulator?

i just use the crappy Mr. Gasket fuel pump, but they always guaranteed go out every year and a half if you use the vehicle 3-4 times a week.

i was able to get 2+years out of mine it by purchasing the 5-7psi for domestic vehicles, and also installing an adjustable regulator and dropped the pressure to 2.5psi.

it's suppose to be 3-5psi. theres a fuel pump for 3-5 psi by mr gasket fuel pump but it seems to not last as long as the higher psi one, just keep in mind the fuel pump is overpriced for what it is ($70) and the regulator is too ($30).

also my fuel pump is located where the stock one would have mounted at, I bent the 2 studs sticking out apart from each other just a tad and it fit right in.

i also recommend checking voltage at the pump first, both my first gen subaru's i've had have had 1-3 volts at the end of the wire, never understood why but i ran a new power source and wires and on a relay with key on, just make sure your power source doesn't turn off when cranking lol.