Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hitachi Carberator to EFI Conversion

Hey Guys, I recently bought a 86GL with the stock Hitachi Carb. I have an 89GL parts car with fuel injection and would like to swap it over to my 86. I know this was added to the USRM way back and have found links but they are all dead. Can someone post the most recent link to this for me I can't seem to find it to save my life.

Yeah the parts car ran when I parked it so should be good. From my reading I believe I'll need the ECU and maybe the fuel pump too? Wasn't sure, thats why I was hoping to find a step by step which sounds like exists somewhere. If all else fails I'll pull the system and compare and if my 86 doesn't have it I'll bring it over.

Oh yes, the fuel pump.  The fuel pressure on SPFI is 21 PSI, so you need all the hoses & filter upgraded.

IF you can, find a copy of at least the schematics from the FSM for both.  The FSM also shows connector locations, etc.  makes this kind of thing easier.