Ultimate Subaru Message Board

replaced turn signa bulb but still blinks fast

My driver side blinker blinks fast.  The front driver side amber light will also not blink as brightly as the other side when locking/unlocking doors.  I replaced it and also swapped the rear bulbs but issue is still there.  Contacts were good and cleaned anyways. 2005 subaru legacy 2.5

would puling all of the front and rear bulbs work to diagnose?  then add just the turn signals?  assuming this works then i could just add each other bulb one by one until the issue returns

Edited by evor1

9 hours ago, evor1 said:

would puling all of the front and rear bulbs work to diagnose?  then add just the turn signals?  assuming this works then i could just add each other bulb one by one until the issue returns

no, does not work well

start by swapping left to right.. see if the issue changes or stays the same.
if it stays the same, then you know it is not the bulbs themselves, it is something in the wiring, sockets, or possibly grounding.

you mentioned the front one being dimmer so i would start there.. check the wiring over carefully, make sure there are no cracks in the wiring insulation, or rubbed spots.. refresh ground points at that location. make sure connectors look good, no melting or unusual wear.

generally speaking, flasher units do not fail like you are describing, they typically just dont flash any more on a given side, or sometimes both sides.

• Like 1