Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Snorkel on MY wagon

Have recently installed a stainless steel snorkel on my '84 MY wagon.

DSC00934.JPGDSC00932.JPG

waiting on a friend to make an adaptor to hook it up to the webber (should be in the next week or so) then she'll be ready for the deep stuff! :)

Some pre-snorkel wet stuff action :

DSC00503%20%28Medium%29.JPGDSC00499%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC00495%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Yet another crazy aussie ! :)

I think you can buy a pump that plugs into the cigarette lighter that you can use to pump out the interior of your car----Then you don't even have to stop to empty your Sub! :lol:

Keep on Swimming!

I want a snorkel too! Post some pics and tell us how you did it!

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer, wants a snorkel

01 Forester, also wants a snorkel

Yeah I got out of those holes myself ... except for the first attempt where i slipped down into a bigger 4wd's ruts and lost traction ... that was the deepest point and even then the engine kept running.

as far as waterproofing the engine, I've run a breather for the gearbox and the rear diff. I'll probably put a bit of silicone around the sparkies and the dizzy. not sure what else I need to do :)

as far as waterproofing the engine, I've run a breather for the gearbox and the rear diff. I'll probably put a bit of silicone around the sparkies and the dizzy. not sure what else I need to do :)

That should do it mostly. Dont forget the coil wires too with that silicone :drunk:

you ausies have too much free time, kindalike me in the mornings, seeing as i cant find a job. now if only i have money, id be able to break out with cool stuff like all you peoples down under. keep up the good work down there, and if you are ever in the states toward washington dc, let me know, im always down for breaking out the grill and cooking up some food stuffs.