Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm driving a Brat

My Twagon is currently down. (Full Story later)

So, once again, 78TurboBrat Has bailed my sorry rump roast out of a sticky situation by loaning me his 83 GL Brat.

The catch : Bad tranny

The fix : 2WD 3AT from an 88 Turbowagon.

Result - FWD Brat..lol.. For anyone else that ever wants to do this conversion (although I can't imagine why) its pretty easy.. only real modification was to drilla couple new holes in the tranny Xmember

Its a loud. old, rattly, UGLY, multicolored POS and my wife hates it and laughs at me every time I drive it..

I may just have to get myself one of these things:grin:

PS, whoever it was that said Brats (EA81s in general) are easier to work on than My turbowagon is full of ****.

That is all.

Careful, there Caleb, that is my POS. At least it runs and drives. not that i can say the same for your twagon. HAHAHAHA Which is sitting on my trailer now. Waiting to be towed somewhere. Maybe to the local PAP.

Ford tranny is swapped, will be driving in about an hour.

It wouldnt make it out of the shop without leaking all the water everywhere, just drive it on the lawn and water the yard at the same time. LOL

:lol:

BTW... Festivities will commence around 1030 AM.. you gonna be there?

Festivities, hmmmmmmm its now currently 3:36AM and i just got back from delivering the Ford truck to her dad, so let me get some rest, and then i will finnish cleaning all the tranny fluid out of the back of the truck and then i will head on over there to help out for a little while with some of the big stuff, but i need to do that motor swap in the legacy. Which i think has you beat on your wagon, it poors out water faster than you can put it in all around the motor, heads and radiator. LOL but you are more than welcome to the truck when you need it. Just call and let me know when you are ready.

My Twagon is currently down. (Full Story later)

PS, whoever it was that said Brats (EA81s in general) are easier to work on than My turbowagon is full of ****.

That is all.

Shoe leather is even easier to work on. Be thankful someone was kind enough to loan you a car.