Ultimate Subaru Message Board

the Summer project is just about done...

well the first car i got to drive was this 84 suby wagon. my dad bought it off his boss for 500 bucks. it had a cracked head but still ran..sorta so we dorve it home...part way.it overheated and we had to have a friend rescue the poor suby and tow it to our house. when it finaly came home it suprised me...i had always liked the Ea81 subys and when my dad brought one home it made my day. that summer we stripped it out and gave it a real good cleaning, the previous owner i sware used it as a smoker...tobacco smoker:( it was nasty, and to fix the engine some friends of ours gave us an 83 dl wagon. we used the motor and took many good parts for spares.

It has been in the family for 5 years., it started as a ride for me and my twin sister to go to school and work in, when she got her acura it was mine for about a year till i got my scirocco. it soon was passed down to my little sister who was the last kid to drive it. she ran a stopsighn not 6 months after getting her licese and smashed the front right fender and bumper up, not long after that her frends dad smashed the left fender in, he paid her about 4-500 i think for the dammage but she kept the money and probably bought cloths:( . any way a year of her driving the suby she got herself a nice car....an acura legend v6..5sp manual..its a nice ride.

The suby then sat and sat for a long time with no one to love it. it was all smashed up and the parents were about to chuck it. I turned to the rescue and proposed an project that i would have for the summer and that was to fix up the car as best i could and use it for school.

This summer i put a new clutch in, cleaned the paint up, found a free parts car, via co-workers brother, used the hood and front fenders. with the help of my dad we got the motor and fenders all squared away.

The project has a few final details to work out, i need to put my newly aquired trush turbo muffler on..install my small subwoofer and some door speakers and im set to go.

here are a few picts i took...

1.jpg

Next is my custome stereo install...this took forever...i had many many ideas going through my head and i finaly settled on this idea.

subydash.jpg

I like it too and where did you get that gen 1 emblem under the stereo and from what year gen 1?
i found the emblem on first gen wagon when i was out riding some trails with my mountain bike...it was trashed and stuck in a pile of blackberrys it had the 4wd symbol and the subaru emblem so i took them...this when i was like 14...years ago:)

hey that ws my wagon that you parted. I was drivin it around and woke up sayin dude wheres my car and still haven't found it to this day. just joking man that is a clean wagon, real nice my steroe is mounted in a similar fashion minus the soob logo but with a custom face plate and a cubby hole under stereo.