Ultimate Subaru Message Board

older sub models

If anyone comes across an older early 70's model Subaru do not strip it or wreck it if you can help it.These cars are now ,after being on this board extremely rare and are worth keeping to restore.If you find one and can get for a low price take it.These cars will be worth something in the future, and it would be a shame to just sit back and see these cars disappear for good.And if you do find something please contact me as I would be interested.

I ran across and old 360 the other day. Didn't find out about the price cause I didn't about know parts. Is there a supply somewhere? With the cost of restoring would a 360 be worth fixing as a good daily driver?

I ran across it looking for an Isetta. Does anyone happen to know where an Isetta is, I sure would like one.

An Isetta is definitely worth fixing up because of its value as good driver. I've seen some cars where you can't get your money back if you wanted after fixing. Is a 360 that way?

L.D.

THis is why it just doesn't sit well with me when a young kid gets a 70's Subaru and doesn't take it seriously.

I mean,I was young and did the same crap to Ford Mavericks and stuff like that.But these machines we admire are truely functional and downright economical.But when you're pissing daddy'd money away it often doesn't matter what anybody says.

I really wish I had a yard.hopefully soon we'll be in a proper house with garage,yard,and Subarus all over the place.....redneck stlye.Call me Bubba.

To send that '76 GF coupe to the crusher really pissed me off.Even with almost every detachable part removed and just the hull sitting there it looked awsome.Timing is everything as they say.I needed it to go but had no place to tuck it away.Then things changed....I offered it for free and nobody wanted it....then later people spoke up....TOO LATE!!!!

Toss in a '75 4WD wagon and a '75 2WD wagon and there's 2 more that I let go.The 2WD should be done right by WagonsOnly.The 4WD went to the crusher due to rust but it could have been driven a little as a beater with some help.

Personally,after I get the '73 from Pat I'll be looking for the elusive tailgate wagon of '72-73.Wouldn't mind a 360 van.Also would like another '75 4WD wagon that isn't rotted.

If money and time were no problem I'd already have the '79 wagon in Florida for sale here,and a few others now that I have a couple of places to park cars at.