Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Attach BUMP STOPS

i'd suggest that you be more specific. i'm guessing that you have a 1985 or later sedan or wagon, and are talking about the rear suspension bump stops?

we'd need to know why yours are off. did you remove them? i've had a bump stop rust off for instance. too much info is better than not enough :D

HMMMM...didn't think of that.

The car: 89 GL Wagon, dual range 4whl drive

the rear bump stops, large, bullet shaped rubber things, fell off due to rust. Car was being worked on at the time so i have both stops, just wondering how to put them back on, or if i should even worry about it.

Thanks

The question was HOW to put them back on??????????????

What does one use to re-attach them to the plates???

They were obviously "glued" on originally, but what do we use to "reglue" them?? rubber cement? the bleack silicone adhesive stuff, what works best?????

i had one on the hood of my car as a rino horn, for about 4 months with orange silicone. but somebody sat on it and it broke off :brow:

i think the key would be to get both surfaces very clean, and use something thats made for rubber, and metal. i bet windshield adhesive would work good. the stuff to install a windshield, not the stuff to seal up a poorly installed one. or leave em out unless you offroad, or carry alot of weight