Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I had the coooolessst dream evar!

I had a dream that my crazy rump roast friend who right now has a Garret T3/T4 on his 8v 1.8L Scirocco got a Eaton M90 Supercharger (Thunderbird Supercoupe, Bonneville SC, ect.) and I stole it to measure it up and wanted to put it on an 80s sube.

that would only be so awesome.

oh, that's easy. already figured it out with a stock manifold.

EA81 to weber adapter (or EA82 in that case)

weber to four barrel adapter

GM 6V72 or Eaton M90 (something with a bottom side that bolts up to a four barrel)

four barrel to weber adapter(s)

one 32/36 DFEV and one 32/36 DGEV carb, jetted for the 1800 stock, if needed, tune the air/fuel

all you'd need to do is maybe a little work with the pulley. you *could* get a v-belt pulley.

oh you would go the carb way huh...

then if your thinking of the supercharger thats on teh thunderchickens and the bonneviles you will need a sidedraft carb then

since the air intake on that style is actually in the back of the s/c and there is normally a throttle body there

not sure how well the seals on that type of unit would hold up to fuel/air mix

what your wanting would be a gmc 471 type of blower 471 being 4 cyl 671 6cyl 871 8 cyl ect ect

well, actually, the top part of the M90 that swings over to the side and says "supercharger" on it, comes off the top of the SC. there's various versions of the M90, and I found one on the net that would work for my usage for $180

wish I had 180. hehe. I could try my hand at SC'ing my EJ22.... yeah.

I wonder if there is anybody out there who experiences a similar thing: For years, I've had dreams every now and then where I "wake up" and see animals in the bedroom. A parrot on the ceiling lamp, for example, or a dog on the nightstand. Sometimes there are even freakier things: I'm surrounded by aliens, or the floor is covered with crayfish. The dreams are never extremely frightening... just disturbing. Once I saw a three-foot-long chameleon sitting next to the closet.

I can easily live with this because they're not really nightmares... at worst, I leave the room for a while or get a glass of water, and when I return, the animals are gone. But, I'd like to know if someone else has similar kinds of dreams.

I have a theory, that I sometimes sleep with my eyes slightly open, and I merge the image of the bedroom with my dream images of animals etc. But I'm not sure. Also, why always animals? (Except for those aliens I saw one time.) I'd love to figure out what all this means, and find out what these dreams are called. They are the opposite of "lucid dreams" (sort of): I think I'm awake but I'm really dreaming.

I wonder if there is anybody out there who experiences a similar thing: For years, I've had dreams every now and then where I "wake up" and see animals in the bedroom. A parrot on the ceiling lamp, for example, or a dog on the nightstand. Sometimes there are even freakier things: I'm surrounded by aliens, or the floor is covered with crayfish. The dreams are never extremely frightening... just disturbing. Once I saw a three-foot-long chameleon sitting next to the closet.

I can easily live with this because they're not really nightmares... at worst, I leave the room for a while or get a glass of water, and when I return, the animals are gone. But, I'd like to know if someone else has similar kinds of dreams.

I have a theory, that I sometimes sleep with my eyes slightly open, and I merge the image of the bedroom with my dream images of animals etc. But I'm not sure. Also, why always animals? (Except for those aliens I saw one time.) I'd love to figure out what all this means, and find out what these dreams are called. They are the opposite of "lucid dreams" (sort of): I think I'm awake but I'm really dreaming.

That might be the weirdest thing I've ever heard in my life. Ever.

I wouldnt call them lucid dreams, I would call them hallucinations, now lay of the drugs man!

One weird thing that happens to me is when I dream I sometimes solve real problems, or In my dreams I make decisions based on facts I didn't think I knew. Then I wake up and think, hey, those actually are facts! It can make me feel a little creepy. Or theres the occasional soccer ball dream where just as I'm waking up a soccer ball comes flying towards my head or towards my feet and I kick it or duck just as I wake up and realize my legs in the air kicking a soccer ball that isn't there :-\ It's like a big rush of adrenaline as the ball comes flying towards me too.

I would say one of the weirdest things, is our obsession w/ old Subaru's...but anyways. Bushbasher I know what you mean, when I was in college, in my dreams I would sometimes solve syntax errors in a programming project I had been struggling with. My mind would defragment all information from the previous day.

speaking of dreams..

i used to work in a lumber mill.. one night i pushed my wife out of bed and said get out the place is falling apart get out....

she still teases me about it occasionally.. i just tell her hey i was just concerned for your safety

I say it's much safer and also much more fun to dream about superchargers than it is to see animals, or dream of lumber mills, or even work for that matter.

lol

I think maybe the thread in nasioc in the aftermarket section about the guy who's supercharged his late 90's L series legacy (ej22) and wants to make SC kits for the ej18/22/25s, has gotten me to dream about the possibilites.

lol