Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"Power is nothing without control"

WJM

and this morning the GL-10=power > control. Was fun...until i was in the wrong lane and the ditch was fast approaching.

So...time to get back on the suspension part, as its got too much power for the suspension on street tires to handle....and its really pushing it on these older R1's i have.

Also, i need to dial in the timing...damn dizzy...i want DIS so bad.

What do you have in that thing now? I have yet to see an ea82 soob that had more power than the car could handle. Okay, well maybe those with the EJ20G swap...

EA82T

intake+catless exhaust, smooth'y flowing DP and 2.5" DP back

stock internals

14 PSI via MBC

stock WRX TMIC

small things here and there (NGK racing plugs, timing setup, PCV system redesign...etc....)

Skip Lite flywheel

XT6 clutch set

RX trans+LSD

some suspension stuffs....

today I went out to see how my subaru handled at the limits and was suprised. I took a corner at what i thought was a good speed to see what would happen and the whole car had so mutch body roll the rear tire left the ground. it felt really weird. this is on shot shocks. is this normal? it felt like if i cornered any harder the front tire would leave the ground also.

haha yea, the old RX chassis, in stock form is a little inadequete

btw , anyone else find with the constant box, (with open center but rear lsd) .. full throttle around a corner with a reasonable amount of grunt.. in the rain = snap oversteer? :-p