Ultimate Subaru Message Board

drivers side lower control arm swap

Question is as follows

i have a 86 hatch and i want to take the control arm off a 85 gl wagon. are they the same??? i only ask cause they appear to be a differnt size. small differences in how it hooks to the body too? let me know soon so i can work on it today i got some help if i can get a reply!!!

any hints on how to make this and easier job than it appears would be helpful:brow:

thanks

:cool:

no, the ball joint holes are smaller on your stock control arm, and they're aligned a little differently.

why does your hatch need its control arm switched?

it got bent and i want to replace it before anything happens. mainly cause i thought i had one sitting in the yard. so i guess it has to come from another hatch than?????

ea81 is the name for the 1800 engine that came in that body style. ea71 is the 1600, it may have that engine instead if it's a DL.

A 1982 wagon will have the part you are looking for, never mind if it has an ea81 engine in it or not.

Grab the radius arm too. The one you have has been banana'd and bent back straight.

ea81 is the name for the 1800 engine that came in that body style. ea71 is the 1600, it may have that engine instead if it's a DL.

A 1982 wagon will have the part you are looking for, never mind if it has an ea81 engine in it or not.

Grab the radius arm too. The one you have has been banana'd and bent back straight.

got ya. if i can get this car for parts i will have everything. i need expect drive train stuff. it has cool 13 alloys too.

i am wondering how easy it is to take off that lower knuckle under the hub. will hub just stay put while i remove the control arm or do i need to do something with the suspension......

:cool: