Ultimate Subaru Message Board

xt6 engine in gl wagon-possible???

..curious to know if anyone has ever put a 6 cylinder in a wagon I have an 85 wagon that has a perfect ea-82 but I am curious...

Also out here in western Oregon(you did not hear this from me) the timber companies open their gates for deer season soon, which means a free for all on the dirt and rock logging roads, as long as we are responsible and are out of the woods by sundown and we dont tear up the expensive roads, i think much fun can be had . brief directions; west on hwy 30 take the vernonia cutoff go up the hill and start exploring whichever road strikes your fancy but wear orange (and dont wear antlers)

If you make it all the way up to hwy47 go west and hit hwy 202 for the coast out through the elk reserve. It is a beautiful drive with many interesting 4wheel possibilities. 202 ends in astoria then a blast back up the main hwys into portland

peace

wingnwing

Can't say much on the fitment issue into your vehicle. But I can tell you that you need 17-1/2" from the engine mount hole in the crossmember forward to the crossbar of the radiator support. Actually, you'll need more thatn that, 17-1/2" is the measurement from the mount stud of the mount to the front edge of the crank pulley. So you'll need atleast 18-19", just to make changing the Alt belt abit easier.