Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spider Manifold Coolant temp sensor - XT turbo

I am going to make the assumption (yeah!) that you have the standard intake and not the spider, or something different from mine.

Asuming that I attached the pic ok, what you are looking for is the sensor UNDER all the stuff in the BLUE circle (white circle is knock sensor... reused image!). It is just to the passenger side of the coolant crossover on the intake; or it is just in front of the drivers-side-most (?) bolt on the turbo, and almost directly below the PCV piping.

post-6017-136027596157_thumb.jpg

I think I finally figured out where it is. Just under the thermostat housing. The thing is that the part I got from autozone has 2 electrical connectors on it while the thingi that i thik is the cts on my car has only one connector? Did they give me the wron part? or am I still looking on the wrong place.

I think I finally figured out where it is. Just under the thermostat housing. The thing is that the part I got from autozone has 2 electrical connectors on it while the thingi that i thik is the cts on my car has only one connector? Did they give me the wron part? or am I still looking on the wrong place.

you are looking at the wrong one. the CTS has 2 wires. the one for the gauge has one wire.

yake up the "turbo" air plenum, pop off the hose from the bottom, just behind the turbo you will see the clip, its tan color and looks like the clip on each fuel injector. one of the hoses will be near in the way, but you can get it with a 17mm socket and extension

Not an expert, as I have seen only one "spider" manifold, but that looks like one to me.

If I am not wrong, then you need to get input from someone that knows this not-common manifold. If you don't get a quick response, you might try changing your thread title to include "spider manifold"... ought to draw viewers like flies!

sorry can't say what the one in the pic is i just went and looked there is nothing there on mine.

as far as getting to it i'm pretty sure you will have to take the upper part off the intake. it is not that hard three bolts on each side and the egr and the throttle cable and electical cables