Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Piegon toed rear tires / \ need help with problem!

Hi guys the other day my Father was driving my XT and he said that the rear tires were sticking out like peigon toed / \ like that i looked under the car and everything seems to be in place. I was wondering if its the shocks, i have coil overs from a 4wd wagon and i was thinking that maybe the gas has come out from the strut as there was no give when i pushed the car down.

thanks for the help

Shane

Ive noticed that my rear tires wear more on the outside than the inside and i assume this is because the rear of my wagon most of the time is unlaiden and there is no weight in it so the rear tires dont sit flat on the road, but more like this \ \ ---0--- / / (if you can imagine that is the rear axle and tires)

I need that setup then. Its valuble. rear negative is good for handling in racing/autocross stuff.

Seriously.. i'd leave it as long as i was sur there wasn't any ripage being done to anything that shouldn't be ripped, i'd have to look at it, but if you want to make a monster, leave it! or hand it over..

My 88 GL wagon is the same way. I never noticed really untill I put big tires on and it was egagurated more. Havent noticed any odd wearing on my treads. Dunno that it's really anything to worry about cuz I sure aint :-p It's not your wheel bearings. Prolly worn out bushings if anything.

My 89 GL10 toes in \ / on the rear and I experienced rapid wear on the inside of both rear tires. The rear end has been raised a bit. I was told I had a 2wd setup at the back and that I needed a 4whdr setup (as the car is 4whdr). I believe it was the struts he was referring to.

simon

Mine is like that too. It actually does so more on the drivers side (car doesn't sit quite level any more). I would attribute it to spring sag, as the rear of the car is lower than it used to be from carrying too much stuff, towing boats, etc. I'm going to get a set of Honda Accord springs to put on there, as that will actually raise it a couple inches over factory height. This is desirable on an offroad wagon, but I dunno about doing it on an XT like yours. Might look kinda funny.

These Honda springs you talk of from which years are from? Considering i have RX fronts my front sits high as well the rear was pretty level but i think if i added those hondas springs they might level out quite well, and also the hondas are more readly avaiable i would think?

thanks

Shane

I am thinking about getting these Honda springs as i like the height of my XT and Since i have RX fronts it sits high in the front so i am hoping it levels out or a little higher in the rear its ok with me. 1 Question through is which hoda springs are they from.

1 2Door

2 4Door

3 with AC

The stiffer ones would be with the AC i figure.

thanks

Shane