Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Vaccume line/emissions delete???

Ok, just swaped timing belts and headgaskets on my 86 gl10, and i want to get rid of everything to do with emissions. i want some breather filters, and i want to get rid of as many hoses as i can (most if not all of the rubber hoses are cracked). Where does everything go and what do they do? Anyone have a diagram?

Also, upon removal of everything (to do headgaskets), i came across a bullit shaped part, and it looks as if a spring might fit into it?! where does it go and what does it do????

well, if you look at it closely you'll see that theres not that much clutter on that engine to begin with. you can take out the canister, and run your gas tank vent somewhere else. you can weld shut your egr lines. plug the pcv valve, and run breathers on all three crank vents, or plug the crank case vent and run just the rocker box top ones.

other than that, its all turbo, or vac disty, fpr, related.afaik =]

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TTT

I want to do the same on my 88 for different reasons. Temporary because my EGR and EVAP solenoids no worky. I will have neither solenoid present, no vac or elec connections.

There are a few 1/4" vac lines running. Rubber, metal, on the fuel rail, and plastic connectors.

Connections from intake boot to metal T to EVAP and wastegate duty solenoid to plastic T to EGR solenoid to EGR valve. Also intake manifold to EVAP purge control solenoid to EVAP canister. Or something like that.

There are 4 lines on the EVAP canister.

What should be done to bypass the systems? Plugs, breathers, bypass hoses? I have a bit figured out, but need some clarification on exactly what goes where.

" i want to get rid of everything to do with emissions."

hehe, people like you give the anti-pollution/emission Nazis more ammunition to introduce laws like California everywhere...every once in a while hearing rumours about it from rego inspectors here in Aus for smog testing...I dread the day....reading the stories about people with Cali smog probs is very scary, but with the Greenies getting vote buying here, more and more stupid things are becoming law - so watch out, you only get what you deserve.

Just what exactly is the point of removing the evaporative/purge control system other than to stick your finger up at everyone else and say "f u, I'll put my *** slag anywhere I like"

Surely any fuel vapour or not, is best used for driving your car down the road - not venting to atmosphere for no damn good.