brand new brakes

brand new struts

no sunroof

stinky interior

bad tires

no hubcaps

turbo

no ac

Im thinking about pulling all the drivetrain and bad motor out of the blue car.....rebuilding the motor and slapping it all in the gray car. Then take everything from the grey car, put it in the blue car, and sell the blue car for 800-1000 bucks. This would give me the grey car with full time 4wd and lsd with a motor that should last for a while?? What would you do??

How long does it typically take to pull the motor, trans, and diff off one of these wagons?

I would keep both. lol

Fix up the blue one, use the parts from the Gery one to fix BLue one. After all, sounds liek blue is a GL-10....bettAr car overall. Use new stuff from gery to fix blue. Put the 'ok' stuff on the grey...either keep it for parts, daily driver, or fix it up to be reliable and sell it.

just put the grey heads on the blue engine
No need cause I got a set of heads already for the blue one....and a complete reseal gasket set.

make grey the donor
I cant bring myself to it. Its in great shape and could do someone as a real good driver. There are no issues with the grey car except 2nd gear rinds a little....and it hesitates a little. Nothing major though.

is the lsd viscous?
Not sure??? How do I tell?? It says "full time 4wd" on the door??? Havent looked at the diff sticker yet??

Make one the best of both, sell the 2nd. To swap things over like you said takes me about 1 full day. Island time. :drunk:

Thats what I want to do. Just cant make up my mind on which one to keep. The blue GL10 would be the keeper hands down, but the rust scares me. Thats the only bad part about the GL10. It will have brand new heads and complete reseal by the weekend. But I can pull all of the engine/tranny/full time lsd and put it on the grey 88gl too (which has less rust)???