Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Columbus, Oh meet???

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured if everyone wanted to go we could just meet at the shop and hang out for a few and head to a local trail I would find. We could camp out if there were no objections. I have an extra tent, and a stove and stuff, OR we could bring a grill and grill out. Memorial day should be nice weather.

I will ask the Pops about memorial day to confirm it.

OK, I called him and there is a glitch, but I found a loop hole, and its legal.

Because my dad only leases, I would have to go through his landlord. To much trouble, BUT directly behind his his shop is a city park. We can meet there, so in essence it is OK.

So here is the addresse for the Columbus Alliance meet on memorial day.

300 Graceland Blvd. Columbus Oh 43214 The name of the company is Affordable Custom Flooring.

If there are any questions direct them to me or john and we can help you get directions or whatever. My number is 614.277.1437 and my name is Jason.

For directions from your house just map quest it. It is right off of I-71 and Morse Rd.

Now to find some trails to wheel........

i might be able to venture up that way if nug is still down for it. the way i see it, i can fold the seats down in my rx and i will have a nice bed to crash in. hmmm, if i do that, i might want to insulate the trunk and fix some weather stripping.

i really want to come out there and meet you guys.

peace

tim c.

I'm gonna try my damnedest. Our new house is supposed to be done in the beginning of June, so theoretically, we should have sold our current house, blah, blah, blah.

Tim, if I can't make it, that's no excuse for you not to go. Maybe you should go to Morgantown and pick up Trogdor!.

the only issue i ave about going alone is that i dont know the way and with my luck my car will break on me on the way. thats the only issue i have with the rx, sofar, it high maintenance. but ill be driving that if i come up. i hope to have it set up rather nicely by then.

...with my luck my car will break on me on the way.

If I go, I plan on breaking mine while I'm up there, then trying to drive it home like that.

I contemplated driving the subaru bug up there last year, but I was afraid it was gonna break. I thought about packing my mig welder in the back. I ended up towing it.

well we can make the event for the whole weekend, you and john live in columbus, and i can be there for the whole weekend myself, maybe jim too.

but anyway if one day of the weekend wasnt good for some people thay caould always come the next day, any one of 3 days.

so lets make it official, the meet will be may 28-30, with saturday being the main day if we could off road only one day, and sun or mon being alternative days for anyone who cant come saturday, or whatever else we may do

any opinions on this? the one in butler the out of state guys stayed the night for the whole event. i say if you come from so far may as well stick around, not to be so quick to leave

bring some spare parts if anything needs fixed we can do it at the meet. go get some new timing belts and we can put them on, and anything else while were at it

i drove to columbus just a few days after putting the sedan together. did some work changing a seal and the water pump and drove home. if you trust your timing belts dont expect anything bad. top off the coolant and bring a spare tire

the only issue i ave about going alone is that i dont know the way and with my luck my car will break on me on the way. thats the only issue i have with the rx, sofar, it high maintenance. but ill be driving that if i come up. i hope to have it set up rather nicely by then.