Ultimate Subaru Message Board

? for those with pyrometers

i am curious what my exhaust temp should be running at. At light throttle just cruzzing I run between 800 to 1000 degrees. If i'm pushing it hard staying at full boost it runs around 1400 degrees. I'm just running stock boost. I'm was wondering if these temps are normal

i am curious what my exhaust temp should be running at. At light throttle just cruzzing I run between 800 to 1000 degrees. If i'm pushing it hard staying at full boost it runs around 1400 degrees. I'm just running stock boost. I'm was wondering if these temps are normal

This is good to know. Thanks for posting. Where do you have your EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) probe tapped in? This would be a good post/thread for EGT comparisons. I won't be raising the boost without an EGT installed so comparing it to my baseline as well as others would be a good start. I've always wanted to know what temperature our cars run stock. Whatever I get stock, that is the temperature I try to shoot for despite any other mods I do to the car since that temperature is considered safe.

BTW: What modifications do you have on your car, if any?

This is good to know. Thanks for posting. Where do you have your EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) probe tapped in? This would be a good post/thread for EGT comparisons. I won't be raising the boost without an EGT installed so comparing it to my baseline as well as others would be a good start. I've always wanted to know what temperature our cars run stock. Whatever I get stock, that is the temperature I try to shoot for despite any other mods I do to the car since that temperature is considered safe.

BTW: What modifications do you have on your car, if any?

The probe is about in inch behind the turbo. i know it is suppose to be before the turbo right off the engine. but right behind the turbo is a lot easier to get too.

My mods are 2.5 inch exhaust, spider intake, and wrx tmic, oh and a two row radiator

i also have a air fuel gauge and the car always runs on the rich side unless i'm idleing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7940604279&category=38660

Guage only goes to 1600....so to me 1400 at full boost seems high. :confused:

Ive had the turbo glowing bring red before, and I was running stock boost, stock exhaust but with gutted cats and a stright pipe from the 2nd cat back.

btw that is my gauge