Ultimate Subaru Message Board

alternator!!!!

hi i really need help... im stuck in northern ontario and my alternator just broke up!!!! Is there an alternative or i must find a subaru one!!!!!!

I got a 4wd loyale 93.

Or with which models it could be replace by or anything that could fit...

as my battery indicates 12 v when i test it, my ultimate test was when i let the lights on, the engine goes down and finally die. but if i shut the lights before it dies, the engine keep running and dies finally. i gess its the alternator. If someone got any clue, pls let me know. The battery can hold a charge..

Thx very much...

Any ea82 alternator will work.

From 85-94 wagons sedans and hatch.

I think and 84-86 brat alt will work too. it just needs to be a internally regulator alternator.

I guess you could use a 80-84 ea81 alternator too if you had a external voltage regulator to hook up to it.

What went out on your old one? is it not charging, or is it charging at 18+ volts?

Try a search on alternator swaps. I was just talking with Snowman and he was talking about doing anuograde toa Chevy (I believe) alternator that kicks out more amperage, but I don't know the details. I seem to recall a few discussions about this modification about a year ago. If you're stuck in a spot where Subaru parts aren't generally available, this may work for you.

Try a search on alternator swaps. I was just talking with Snowman and he was talking about doing anuograde toa Chevy (I believe) alternator that kicks out more amperage, but I don't know the details. I seem to recall a few discussions about this modification about a year ago. If you're stuck in a spot where Subaru parts aren't generally available, this may work for you.

Yep.. clicky.