Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX In the snow (pix of course)

Was chatting with Jibs and Jeremy (subieman) and they convinced me to drive up to their place to do some playing in the snow. 2 hours later I was there :)

We tried to get Jibs white Brat out of his driveway, but there was a jeep in the way that wouldnt start. So he drove with me. Jeremy and his girlfriend took his Wagon. Fun was had for all :)

Pix:

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

You can view the rest of the images here:

http://usmb.net/gallery/album304

I also got my rims from Jibs too, so as soon as I have tires i'll get rid of those 13" steels :)

-Brian

Yeah, we had fun, too bad my brat looked like this this morning:

3967DCAM5772_Small_.JPG

And we couldn't get past my stupid Jeep. I now know to park all the soobs IN FRONT of the jeeps and other non soob cars.:grin: Anyway, here's a link to a video of Brian playin in the snow with the RX:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=641

Sorry there's no sound and it's kinda choppy, I don't have a firewire port on my laptop. I'll get that fixed soon enough. Again, we had a blast.

damn the lights on the wagon are super dim. I think i have a flashlight thats brighter.

My lights are bright. I just think its the exposure of the camera.

Yes it was fun! Brian is a crazy driver! He is good at drifting around the corners! :brow:

NVZeno.... this is now my wagon. Scott has left the world of Subarus for a while.

Here is my wagon again....

17IMAG0157_Small_1.JPG

Yes it was fun! Brian is a crazy driver! He is good at drifting around the corners! :brow:

Felt like being back in Alaska... its been a LOOONG time since i've drifted around corners like that. Next time i'll bring a tripod ;)

Also, that rear LSD really kicks the rear end out. I could feel it doing its thing 100% of the time... i loved it!!!

I'll be back after I get new tires for sure.

-Brian

Jeremy, how long will that snow be up there?

-Brian

Well, the temperatures have been quite cold.... -7 at night and our high yesterday was 23.... so for a few days until it warms up again. Looks like toward this weekend it might hit 40.

Your best bet is to shoot some video off old hwy 40 in the sierras. You will have better luck with the snow hanging around up there.

Looks like lots of fun, I'm totally envious. We have a sweet snow trail by my house but it's been turned into solid 4 inch ice by the amount of traffic up and down it this month. It's too dangerous to attempt at the moment. Can't wait until we get more snow so I can make a trip up there with my camera. :lol: