Ultimate Subaru Message Board

K & N cone air filter installation?

Well what if its one of those air filters that came off like a cold air intake setup? Like just the filter?

if its a cone filter, youre going to have to remove the airbox and get a mass airflow sensor adapter so the cone has something to clamp on to

or if your insane and creative like me you take your maf and then grind off the bolt on ears that go to the stock airbox

and then slip the cone filter over it and tighten down the clamp thngy

but then again i am insane

and creative

and also no longer restricted to the whole maf problem so it was not a big deal if i failed

So if i bought this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33659&item=7948674125&rd=1

It bolts right up with no modification and im good to go?

I've never gotten a 'Yes' to a question like this. It was always the, 'If it doesn't fit, you can simply drill a hole into it to make it fit'. Or you may here the 'this will fit' until you get it then it'll be 'Oh, I heard from a friend of mine that it was a direct fit'. Good luck bud! :lol:

The one in the picture you posted looks to be darn close. You may as well purchase a drill and some bits and become friends with it. I always swayed away from trying to modifying anything to make it fit. I have a drill now so I wouuldn't hesitate.

If you find one that definitely fits without ANY modification, please post up. L8Rs

Quotes!

Which one do you have? one off ebay?
Aluminum can be had from autozone for $15.99 .. Thats what I have on my car.
No idea.. box is long gone.. like a year ago.. will look next time I go to autozone.. If you happen to go looking for it, its in the rice section.

Edit:PN on the package is 8141

Unfortunately, I typed in that part# at the Autozone website and an adapter didn't come up. :-\

Quotes!

Unfortunately, I typed in that part# at the Autozone website and an adapter didn't come up. :-\

Unfortunately, you will probably have to go to an Autozone store to find it. The website doesn't list alot of the parts that are only available in the store. It beeeezzzzz that way sometimes!