Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82 head gasket stuff

hey subaru guys

I'm rebuilding an ea82 and the head gaskets really need to be replaced.

i just wanted to know where the best/ cheapest place to get them is?

thanks

kevin

Best place is your local Subaru dealer. Definately not the cheapest though. I'm not sure about the cheapest place, I always use OEM Subaru.

Don't buy cheap! If you want to save money don't buy a full head gasket set. I think all you really need is:

R&L Valve Cover Gaskets

2 Head Gaskets

2 Intake Gaskets

2 Exhaust Gaskets

2 Of those cam tower o-rings

2 Cam shaft front Oil Seals

1 A small amount of black

I got my headgaskets form the dealership and had excellent service from them which is different then the crap I used to put up with in Oregon from them. The best to go with are OEM headgaskets, not like Napa or Checkers of any crap like that. The website Caleb posted is probably your best bet on price and bein the best....

http://www.carparts.com/ has great prices on corteco head sets. they would include head gaskets and a zillion other seals and gaskets as well. the corteco gaskets appear much nicer than felpro visually. not that looks really means anything i suppose. the corteco kits i've used do not include the cam tower metal clip-on orings, but the felpro sets do.