Ultimate Subaru Message Board

One East coast winter/spring gathering wouldn't hurt

From the north east,take exit 7 off of the NJturnpike,head south on Rt.206.

We meet at the diner at the intersections on Rts. 70 and 206 at around 8:30-9

Eat some carbs,yap it up a bit,then head south on 206 just down the road to the ranger station in Atsion.THere's a big grassy area right there at the entrance.

You'll see a bunch of knuckleheads with hoods up,etc.....that's us.

We then venture into the woods.It's almost all sandy trails,yes SAND.It's a weird area,very special.You won't do any rock crawling and might not have a lot of mud to sling around but it's a good exercise for our cars.

There are spots where you can go hog wild,so the challenge is there.You'll be in good company and if anyone gets stuck there's someone to pull you out.

Always best that everyone have a tow strap.Better even,to have a cell phone,just incase,but nobody will leave the last guy behind.

You're welcome to hook up with me on the ride down.If things go well we should have about 4 or 5 of us leaving CT together.I like to leave Bridgeport around 6-7 AM since the diner is about 2 hours from B'port,gets us there in plenty of time.

Typically,by 11 AM we're in the woods and stop for a few breaks.Better to all have lunch with us so we don't have to run out of the woods and we can all stick together.

Atco dragstrip is just a few minutes away.There,we can hit the powerlines in back of Atco and it's often more challenging there.More mud,deeper water,a thrill a minute....but it's a smaller parcel of land so after an hour or so it's about enough.REally cool to see those dragsters too.At that point you're a little closer to Philly and it's about 2 1/2 hours back to B'port.

Hope you can make it.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey!!!

We just did another quicky blast down to SoJo...err uhh,South Jersey,to SVXpert's place.Well,it sure looked a lot more like spring down there than up here.

April,definitely,no matter how busy I am I want to blast down there with my son and hit the trails.Depending on the forcast we might even go down Friday night and camp.Last year he and I stayed in the Batsto campground way around back of the part we go into first.

Bump to the north

Here's a Pine Barrens creature......as Connie would say a "leeeeeeeeezard".

Here LEEEEEZARD LEEEEEZARD LEEEEEZARD!!!!!!!:grin: .

Still trying to talk Tom into letting us beat the snot....oops...take his truck down there and "play" with it.....even though its not a Soob. I havent been able to convert him from Toyota yet.

Hey that lloks like it could be fun to play with a dirt bike on that!!!

BTW Paulyburger...got you plenty of boxes and a bunch of bubblewrap!!!

Thanks for the boxes!!

Yup,we've actually been there when there was a regional enduro.Not sure if it was Hare and Hound,or what.Still a very cool place for Tom to bring the 'yota and a dirtbike or two on back.

On any weekend you might see horses,or huge walking/hiking parties.Our group actually helped a young girl get out to the road and to the hospital when she somehow fell and got under her horse way back in the middle of the place.