Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Off-road ATV?

Sweet82

Sweet82,

Your buggy is a rhino buggy eh? I've been thinking about building one, but have no welding experience etc, so it would be an entirely new set of skills for me to learn. How difficult did you find it to build? Would you say I am overly ambitious wanting to do this without any real prior metalworking experience ?

I think Street legal is a relative term :rolleyes:

They say they have full street lighting but that doesn't mean street legal, your local DVM may think other wise?

I never called on one but I'd bet they are five figures? $XX,XXX. A quad is $6,000 :-\ I'm into the Buggy $1,500. :rolleyes:

I'll never have one but it sure would be cool to have your own personal Rock Crawler?

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

--Stinky the Rhino was easy, I'll pm you--

JWXI think it would be easy, just take a hatchback and cut the ************ out of it :)

you could... if you want the car to snap into a few places as soon as you take it outa the shop!!!

since subarus have a unibody construction the strength is given through the BODY and all the things attached to the body... on like a big rump roast ford truck or something you can take the body right off the frame and drive the frame away... but on a unibody the frame is the body/the body is the frame...

so if you were to go take off the roof, chop off the doors and all that the car just lost a bunch of strength... sure you will be able to move it but if you want to go jump up walls and drive over rocks your hooped...

even the guys that make there hatches into hatchbrats take extra care in strengthening up the back because the roof provides a lot of strengthening...

just don't do it!!!:banana:

I cut the ********** out of my Hatch? :lol:

That is a NICE looking cage in you buggy!

When you cut up a unibody vehicle, a good sturdy cage is important.

Cherokee are unibodys and that what alot of guy do when they cut the back sections of the roof off to gwt the support back into the unibody